UNIVERSITY OF RAJASTHAN
University of Rajasthan (Hindi: राजस्थान विश्वविद्यालय) is a public and state university and one of the oldest university in the Indian stateRajasthan, located in the city Jaipur. It was set up on 8 January 1947 as the University of Rajputana and was given its current name in the year 1956. University owes much to the foresight, ability and sincerity of the first three Vice-Chancellors of the University viz. Dr. G.S. Mahajani, Dr. G.C. Chatterji and Dr. Mohan Sinha Mehta, who played a crucial role in the development of the University, its campus, recruitment of faculty and in laying down sound traditions. Each of the three distinguished and highly dignified Vice-Chancellors served the University for two successive terms, thus, guiding the destiny of the University for the first eighteen years, which was the formative period of the University. To them the University owes the image it came to acquire in the minds of the intellectual community of India. They brought in different faculties, some of the finest scholars who after having served in the University for many years, took up high positions at the national level. The names of Prof. M. V. Mathur, Prof. G. C. Pandey, Prof. Raj Krishna, Prof.Daya Krishna, Miss A. G. Stock, Prof. P. N. Srivastava, Prof. R. C. Mehrotra, Dr. S. Bashiruddin, Prof.Satish Chandra, Prof. S. P. Verma, Prof. Iqbal Narain, Prof. R. K. Kaul, Prof. Raja Chelliah, Prof. T.K.N. Unnithan are just a few names who brought glory and renown to the University.